Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SOWAN'S SPELT BREAD




OK, this is not exactly a recipe but I discovered this great organic bread mix at the Farmer's Market at the Electric Picnic and felt the need to share.

You can make it with soya milk for a vegan loaf. They assure me I'll be able to buy the mix in Athlone, so I will be looking out for it.

All you need is the mix - I used their Mega Spelt Bread Mix which has linseed, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in it - and 350ml of soya milk. You cook it at 200 C and it yields a very unspelty, very un-soya-y loaf. (And that's a good thing.) It's a lot like real brown soda bread. Yum!

The enormous tomatoes come courtesy of our weekly organic veg basket from Beechlawn Organic Farm. The bread is actually a hefty 2lb loaf.

Their website is Sowan's Organic and it's here.

No comments: