Friday, March 1, 2013

LURVE VEGAN CAFÉ

 
Well, I finally made it to Lurve Vegan Café on Mary Street in Dublin. It was a case of third time lucky for me, as they had a few teething problems with staffing, so twice before it was closed when I got there. I was delighted to find it open the third time - this place is such a welcome addition to the north inner city.

I got a friendly welcome from the two staff and it was more like visiting someone's house than a café. They had no pen on the day so I gave them a spare and then they wanted to give me my cake for free. I paid, though - they need all the custom they can get.

I had already eaten lunch so I just had their carrot cake and it was sweet, dense and spicy. Delicious. I will definitely be going back next time I am in Dublin for soup, hummus, sandwiches - whatever I can fit in. This time I will bring Mr Vegan so he can delight in having the pick of the menu (a rare treat for him!)

Prices are reasonable and the décor is cute. It was a cold day when I was there and the café felt cold too, but hopefully that will get sorted out.

Follow the lively Lurve Facebook page for all updates on opening times and menus.

No comments: