Monday, August 26, 2013

CARROT AND CUMIN SALAD

Carrot and Cumin Salad, at our July picnic in Glasson - Bean Salad recipe soon!
Where has the summer gone? I promised salad recipes!

After a week in the States, followed by my 97 year old Granny-in-law's funeral (and so days and days away from home) my good eating habits have gone out the window. But I am back on track this week and doing my best to return to eating salads every day.

I had a rocket, pepper and avocado salad for lunch today, accompanied by this lovely lemony carrot and cumin salad. It's best made a few hours ahead so that the flavours can marinade nicely. This recipe serves two people.

INGREDIENTS
2 large carrots, finely grated
juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sultanas or raisins
half teaspoon of ground cumin
quarter teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon rape or olive oil
half teaspoon of honey
pinch salt and pepper

METHOD
Mix the carrots, seeds and raisins in a bowl
In a jug, mix the lemon juice, oil, spices, honey salt and pepper
Pour the marinade into the carrot mix, stir well, cover and leave for a few hours or overnight.

No comments: